As an organisation and as individuals we stand in full support of the Black Lives Matter movement. We need to build and empower industries, institutions, audiences, sectors and a society that are truly representative and equal.
Cultural equity, diversity and democracy are core foundations of Threshold Studios and reflected in our leadership, artists and the communities we serve. But, if there is anything that the last few months have shown us, it is that there is always more to be done.
So, we undertake that we will:
- Listen to and learn from the communities and individuals speaking out.
- Continue our individual and organisational journey to understand better and more fully the societal problem of racism and to challenge ourselves and our processes in light of this.
- Conduct a review across all facets of the organisation to understand where we can take action.
- Seek conversation and information that will allow us to understand how we can be allies to this movement.
- Support work to address the lived experiences of systemic problems, barriers and injustice as a result of society wide conscious and unconscious bias.
We must continue to challenge the status quo and be part of the change.