Talent and skills development is at the very heart of what we do, and has been since Threshold’s inception in 1998. In fact that was the reason for the name Threshold – to hold the door open for others.
Our aim is to create mentorship and development opportunities within the creative sector that enable our workforce to be more representative of society. With that in mind, we seek to develop initiatives that support our creative ecology to overcome challenges and develop skills, whilst also nurturing the next generation of the UK’s creative workforce, thus contributing to the talent pipeline outside of London.
We’ve worked with a wide range of partners from Channel 4 and Warp Films to Universities and FE colleges and have provided this support to a wide range of people including artists, creatives, academics, those wishing to access the sector but without the knowledge to develop their networks, and more.
Our approach to talent and skills development is to ensure access to opportunity and a route to reflect and contextualise in order to develop clear forward actions. Also, where possible for emerging talent to develop tangible track record or showreel to overcome barriers to entry within the industry.
Talent and Skills services we offer:
- Graduate internships in Partnership with HEI’s – See our RADAR Creative Graduate Accelerator Programme
- Mentorship and Support in Project Development, Facilitation and Management
- Design and development of public talks and explorations through our Collider conversations programme
- Consultancy and feasibility services for organisations wanting to extend their talent and skills commitment
- Collaborative consultancy and project design with groups, organisations and individual to achieve social outcomes and support development of best practice for new talent.