Threshold returns to Cuba
As one of the creators of the Cámara Chica project we were pleased to recently be invited back to Cuba to expand on its incredible work.
Threshold Director, Barry Hale previously helped set up filmmaking and media hubs with the project across the Caribbean island, as well as similar initiatives in Venezuela.
With the help of the British Council and project partners Into Film and Suited & Booted each Cámara Chica community hub has been given filmmaking equipment along with guidance and training so that young people can create their own documentaries and media content.
The most recent trip in March 2018 was designed to re-equip a number of existing community groups while also instigating four new hubs.
Barry is currently in the process of gathering together both his thoughts and the many photos and other assets from his trip. So, watch this space for more details of his latest trip to Cuba coming soon.
In the meantime, you can find out more about Cámara Chica at the links below:
- Threshold Studios: Workshops & Participation
- British Council blog: ‘Cámara Chica Venezuela’
- Will Massa on his return to Cuba in 2014: ‘Cámara Chica Social Club’
- Suited & Booted blog: Cuba and Venezuela
- Uncommon2018: Eileen Sanabria talks about the project (go to ‘Watch’ and skip to approx 37 mins)