Sector Support Consultancy
Digital Reading Room: University of Leicester
The University of Leicester Division of Library, Learning and Information Services in partnership with Attenborough Arts and the Deputy Pro-Vice Chancellor Digital engaged Threshold to establish a strategy setting out clear objectives, developing an agreed model for delivery and resourcing for the new Digital Reading Room. The aim was to ensure that staff, students and the wider community are engaged in the development of programmes, content development and use of the space.
Working closely with the partners we developed a two-strand approach to working with the University to achieve the desired outcome for the space.
- Facilitated Workshops with identified colleagues at University of Leicester and Attenborough Arts to identify and agree strategic objectives
- Developed dialogue with existing and potential stakeholders to seek and connect partnerships
- Consulted with academic and student groups
- Audited research, modules and students for inclusion in timeline and plan
- Developed and tested a plan with the original stakeholders group.
Further to this, we undertook action research under the umbrella of a “Producer in residence” model to:
- Test and experiment with capabilities of existing equipment to support artistic engagement ambitions through beta testing experimentation with creative technologist.
- Developed a raft of hands on digital explorations to challenge user perceptions of the space and understand relational behaviour of users.
- Develop recommendations of kit and peripherals to allow experimentation and democratic use of the space as a ‘Discover Lab”