Threshold remains part of Arts Council NPO for 2015-18
Dear colleagues, partners, supporters and friends,
Threshold is proud to announce that we are part of Arts Council England’s National Portfolio of organisations for 2015-18. At a time where investment in the arts is increasingly difficult, we are excited that Arts Council England is investing in a producer-led organisation like Threshold.
Thank you to our partners in the Midlands and beyond. We’re looking forward to delivering our programme of dynamic projects, and the co-commissioning of work with partners, across the UK and internationally.
We have a busy 2014 ahead, with the following projects underway:
- A new co-commission, in partnership with FACT Liverpool, on a new work by US-based artist Ali Momeni
- GAME ON – we’re working with a Northamptonshire school on a STEM project to engage girls with creative technology through designing and programming their own games
- Digital collaboration with Soft Touch Arts
- The launch of our Creative Graduate Accelerator Scheme, in partnership with University of Lincoln’s College of the Arts
- After a second trip, supported by British Council, we are currently in production on Soy Cubanista, an installation piece made in collaboration with artists in Cuba
Summer and Autumn events to look out for:
- Threshold Studios at Kinetica Art Fair in October 2014, where will be showing 633D
- Our new programme of Collider workshops and creative conversations, including: Choreography, Technology and New Audience Experiences, in partnership with Dance 4 on December 4th 2014
- Threshold Studios at Modern Panic V: Our new installation piece to celebrate the centenary of the birth of William Burroughs exhibits from October 2014
Frequency Festival 2015:
Frequency Festival is gearing up for an extraordinary Magna Carta edition, as the City of Lincoln celebrates and explores contemporary ideas on liberation in both physical and virtual worlds.
It’s going to be a great year, and we look forward to catching up with you all soon.
All the best,